- Issue Time
Only the correct maintenance of the roller chain can reduce wear and extend its service life. This article will specifically introduce the six precautions for maintaining the roller chain.
Roller chain is the most common form of chain transmission. If the roller chain is to maintain a better working effect, it must be properly maintained. The following are six precautions for maintaining the roller chain.
1.The sprocket should be installed on the shaft without skew or swing. In the same transmission assembly, the end faces of the two sprockets should be in the same plane. When the center distance of the sprocket is less than 0.5 meters, the allowable deviation is 1 mm; when the center distance of the sprocket is more than 0.5 meters, the allowable deviation is 2 mm.
However, it is not allowed to rub the side of the sprocket tooth. If the two-wheel knitting is too large, it is easy to cause chain disconnection and accelerated wear. When replacing the sprocket, you must pay attention to check and adjust the offset.
2. The tightness of the conveyor chain should be appropriate. Too tight increases power consumption, bearings are easy to wear, and too loose chains are easy to jump and fall off. The tightness of the chain is lifted or pressed down from the middle of the chain, and the center distance between the two sprockets is about 2%-3%.
3. The new chain is too long or stretched after use, which is difficult to adjust. You can remove the chain-link depending on the situation, but it must be an even number. The chain link should pass through the back of the chain, the lock piece should be inserted outside, and the opening of the lock piece should face the opposite direction of rotation.
4. After the sprocket is severely worn, the new sprocket and the new chain should be replaced at the same time to ensure good meshing. It is not possible to just replace a new chain or a new sprocket alone. Otherwise, it will cause poor meshing and accelerate the wear of the new chain or new sprocket. When the tooth surface of the sprocket is worn to a certain degree, it should be turned over and used in time (referring to the sprocket used with an adjustable surface) to extend the use time.
5. The old conveyor chain cannot be mixed with part of the new chain, otherwise, it is easy to produce an impact in the transmission and break the chain.
6. Each hinge of the roller chain is a radial bearing, so it must be fully clothed and effectively lubricated to obtain the highest wear life. Sufficient lubrication can not only reduce the abrasion of pin shaft and sleeve sound, but also make the sprocket and chain roller lie smoothly, slow down the impact of the roller and sprocket, dissipate heat, and take away wear debris and foreign matter. And to prevent corrosion.
Before the chain engages with the sprocket, lubricating oil should be applied to the upper part of the chainplate of the pendant chain. Gravity and centrifugal force will cause the lubricating oil to flow to the surface of the pin and sleeve that needs to be lubricated. The lubricant on the edge of the chain will also provide lubrication to the surface of the pin and sleeve.
And we should pay attention to the choice of lubricating oil not only to ensure the lubrication effect but also not to contain corrosive substances. If you want to learn more about roller chains after reading the above content, you can contact us for a comprehensive solution.
As a professional quality chain manufacturer, we always put the needs of our customers first. We have an experienced production team, and carry out a full range of quality control on the quality of products, and can provide customers with high-quality and safe products. At the same time, we will also provide thoughtful one-stop service and effective solutions according to customer needs. If you want to buy our roller chain, please contact us immediately!