- Issue Time
- Nov 19,2021
In order to reduce the wear between the components of the roller chain, we need to do a good job in the daily maintenance. Today, let’s talk about how to do a good job in the maintenance of the roller chain.
The roller chain is composed of inner chainplates, outer chainplates, pins, sleeves, and rollers. The inner chain plate and the sleeve, the outer chain plate and the pin shaft are interference fit, and the sleeve and the pin shaft are clearance fit, forming a dynamic connection.
During operation, the inner and outer chain links can be relatively flexed, and the sleeve can rotate freely around the pin shaft. In order to reduce the wear between the pin and the sleeve, lubrication should be carried out between them. If you want the roller chain to maintain a good running condition for a long time, you should perform the following maintenance on the roller chain.
1. The sprocket of each roller chain should maintain good coplanarity, and the chain channel should be kept unobstructed.
2. The sag of the loose edge of the roller chain is kept properly. For horizontal and inclined transmissions with adjustable center distance, the chain sag should be maintained at about 1% to 2% of the center distance. For vertical transmission or vibration load, reverse transmission, and dynamic braking, the chain sag should be smaller.
3. Always maintain good lubrication, which is an important item in maintenance work. The sprocket of the roller chain should be kept in good working condition.
4. Frequently check the working surface of the sprocket teeth of the roller chain. If you find that the wear is too fast, adjust or replace the sprocket in time.
5. The sprocket should be installed on the shaft without skew or swing. In the same transmission assembly, the end faces of the two sprockets should be in the same plane. When the center distance of the sprocket of the suspension chain is less than 0.5 meters, the allowable deviation is 1 mm; when the center distance of the sprocket is more than 0.5 meters, the allowable deviation is 2 mm.
However, it is not allowed to rub the side of the sprocket tooth. If the two-wheel knitting is too large, it is easy to cause chain disconnection and accelerated wear. When replacing the sprocket, you must pay attention to checking and adjusting the offset.
6. The tightness of the roller chain should be appropriate. Too tight increases power consumption and the bearing is easy to wear; too loose a chain is easy to jump and fall off. The tightness of the roller chain should be lifted or pressed down from the middle of the chain, and the center distance between the two sprockets is about 2%-3%.
7. The new roller chain is too long or stretched after use, which is difficult to adjust. You can remove the chain-link depending on the situation, but it must be an even number. The chain link should pass through the back of the chain, the lock piece should be inserted outside, and the opening of the lock piece should face the opposite direction of rotation.
8. After the roller chain is severely worn, the new sprocket and the new chain should be replaced at the same time to ensure good meshing. It is not possible to replace only a new suspension chain or a new sprocket alone.
Otherwise, it will cause poor meshing and accelerate the wear of the new chain or new sprocket. After the tooth surface of the sprocket wears to a certain degree, it should be turned over and used in time (referring to the sprocket used with the adjustable surface) to extend the use time.
9. The old roller chain cannot be mixed with part of the new chain, otherwise, it is easy to produce an impact in the transmission and break the chain.
10 Remember to fill the lubricating oil in time when the lifting chain is working. The lubricating oil must enter the matching gap between the roller and the inner sleeve in order to improve working conditions and reduce wear.
The roller chain can always maintain good operating efficiency under good lubrication and maintenance. If you want to know more about roller chains after reading the above, you can get a comprehensive solution by contacting us.
As an experienced quality chain supplier, ZMIE has become a leader in the industry with its excellent manufacturing technology and considerate service, and many customers choose ZMIE for this reason. We are equipped with a professional production team and a strict quality inspection system to fully control the quality of our products. In addition, we can also provide a thoughtful one-stop service according to the needs of users. If you want to buy our roller chain, please contact us immediately!